Monday, June 2, 2008

Nothing Like a Good Book

Contrary to what some may think of me, I actually do try to read every once in a while.

Now when I say read, I'm excluding magazines and websites, which I'm ALWAYS reading.......

No, instead, when I say read, I mean a real solid BOOK.
YES - like one with actual paper pages.

Just this weekend, I finished reading this book:


Its one of the first books in a long time that I felt compelled to finish because of how endearing I found it to be. Its somewhat of a memoir about four men that met through their love of baseball and how the friendships they formed with each other transcended their brief careers in the sport. Ted Williams -- a legend to anyone who knows anything about baseball -- is one of the four and a centerpiece to their relationships with each other.

Yes, of course, there's a lot of baseball speak, but that just forms the basis of describing the strong bond that these guys formed and how all their vastly different personalities melded together into a beautifully touching life-story.

Anyway..........I loved it.
Thanks, Day!!


So, next on my list.......................

I've had this one lying around for a while now and never really touched it, but I seem to have found a new desire to read more, so I'm trying to make it last as long as I can.
Truman Capote supposedly went crazy after he wrote this book.
.....not surprising since its a true-to-life account of a gruesome shotgun murder of a family of 4 as told by the men who did it.
We'll see how good it really is..............................


Anyway, I figure I'd leave with something that amazed me.
You may have heard of flying fish.
They call them flying fish because they can jump out the water for long distances...
but THIS sucker is the realest flying fish I've ever seen!!
This, to me, is either a crazy fluke of evolution or a leap forward for it.
Either way, I've never seen anything like it, so enjoy!!

No comments: