Wednesday, March 5, 2008

There's a Sucker Airborne Every Minute

I consider myself to be pretty healthy.
I try to get to the gym as often as I can with my schedule, I always watch what I eat, I RARELY eat candy or a lot of dessert, I make sure to get adequate protein and fiber, I take a quality multi-vitamin in addition to other supplements, I make myself drink a lot..............of water............

In fact, for those not privy to it, about 2 years ago I was seriously considering a career change.
I began studying up on exercise science and was close to going for my NSCA certification to become a personal trainer.

Enough history.........

Anyway, I've gotten into several disagreements with people about the "supplement" Airborne that a lot of people swear by.



"It prevents and lessens colds! Its awesome!!"

So naturally, the first time I heard that, I read the ingredients and was like WTF!?!?

This ripoff of a product is nothing more than a potent dose of vitamin C along with some other vitamins and minerals that, although synergistically might provide a slight antioxident effect, will not cure or lessen anything. In fact, any smart person knows that you can't fight a cold, you just have to let it run its course. Sure, you can help bolster your immune system to help it fight the cold off sooner, and yeah maybe this crap might help it a little, but overall its one hell of a hoax.

To the credit of the company--- I admit that its a brilliant marketing ploy that feeds off the ignorance of society, but nonetheless, its such a waste of money.

So, of course I smirked out loud once I read this article about how they are now forced to pay $23.3 million back to their customers for false advertising.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!


OK......... now the funny


No comments: