Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Before I Sleep

I wrote this a few years back when I had a lot more time and solitude for inflection and creativity. The words bring back immediate memories of a very different state of myself and my life.  - BS
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


I cherish the nights, and the solitude they bring.
I welcome the dark skies and the moon to watch over me.
It's shine - like a calming hand on my shoulder,
and the sweet smell of dew on the grass - a comforting aroma.
My eyes grow heavy,
but my mind feels enlightened,
and I fight the calling of my vacant bed.
For I need you, silence, you are my hope.
It is in you I see my life yet hidden from me,
and its only in my weary state - when thoughts can now be free -
that my senses and my heavy heart reveal the world to me.
But I won't fight hard this night.
I will cease, and lay down my head,
and hope that the next day will also be my friend
in the morning when I leave my bed.

No comments: