Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Inspiration for 2010

Everyone greets the changing of the year with different emotions and sentiments.

Some are anxious to be done with a period of time that may have brought them great pain and bad memories, while others simply try to look forward to a new year with great inspiration to pursue life goals and other important changes.

Much like birthdays, celebrations of the passing of time can occasionally bring with them bittersweet reminders of things we'd rather forget. In these cases, it's always better to make sure we make the most of these tough experiences by learning what we can from them, and then never looking back. Only by looking forward and moving onward can you continue to become a better person and obtain your goals.

While '09 definitely had it's share of good times and everlasting memories, it also held more than its share of discontent that I'd rather forget about.

So now - in a new year and new decade - I look forward to 2010 with great optimism and confidence.

One of my many goals for the year ahead is to continue my pursuit of making myself a better man.

To paraphrase something I read in a magazine recently, I want to be the ideal man for our times.
A guy who's got it all together, in both body and mind.

I will continue my journey to be both ruggedly powerful and supremely confident, and capable of taking on whatever comes out of those gates (....to borrow a line from Gladiator).

I will not just look manly and heroic, but feel and act manly and heroic.
I will show that I can be a protector, a provider, and a take-charge kind of guy with a heart.
I will continue to be the best man I'm capable of being.

As for everyone else - Whatever your goals are, I hope you have the patience, wisdom, courage, and tenacity to achieve them.


Need some motivation?
Here are some quotes from my collection that I believe hold bits of priceless wisdom.
Enjoy.


"When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life."

- Greg Anderson

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."

- Thomas Jefferson

"Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice."

- George Jackson

"If you are clear where you are going and you take several steps in that direction every day, you eventually have to get there. So decide what you want, write it down, review it constantly, and each day do something that moves you toward those goals."

-
Jack Canfield

"What you need to know about the past is that no matter what happened, it has all worked together to bring you to this moment. And this is the moment you can choose to make everything new."

-
Author Unknown

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear."

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"There will always be challenges that have manifested, and dreams that haven't. But they'll always pale in comparison to the number of dreams that have manifested, and challenges that haven't."

- Mike Dooley

"Do not wait for joy."

- Author Unknown

No comments: