Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tipping Point

They say a watched pot never boils.

But what about when you ignore it?
Does it boil sooner?


Obviously, I couldn't care less about boiling pots, but the human will and the extent of a person's patience is something that has always fascinated me.

I consider it both part nature and nurture that make up one's limits of patience.

I, myself, have always been a very patient person.
As much as I've wanted certain things as badly as others, I've always been more than willing to take my time and wait....................................................................................and wait..................
and wait...................................................................




................ and wait some more when I'm trying to accomplish or hope for anything.


That doesn't mean I can't react quickly when I need to or want to, but it just means I believe certain things are worth waiting for - even if its not always easy waiting for them.

But sooner or later, everyone comes across something that they wait for and wait for but never get.

Maybe its something you can't predict,
or something you want but may just never obtain or have happen.

You tell yourself to give it time......
..........because "patience is a virtue" ................... right???

But what's your breaking point?
How much can you take?
At what point does patience become cowardice or laziness?


What will make YOUR pot boil over to action because you've waited too long?????

No comments: